Saturday morning workshop on May 30th
See the Events page for details.
The GFBB Mission
Our mission is to support and assist the faculty and staff of the University of Florida IFAS North Florida Research and Education Center (NFREC) - Quincy to accomplish their mission. Our goals are to expand outreach by fostering research and providing educational programs through partnerships with community organizations, schools and the horticulture industry. To organize and participate in:
- Special Events in support of the NFREC Center
- Routine garden maintenance and operation
- Development of new and expanded public gardens
The Gardening Friends of the Big Bend, Inc.
Ben White, President
Mike Chappell, Vice President
Charles Brasher, Secretary
Sue Watkins, Events
Angie Chappell,At large
Barbara Laskowski,At large
Dr. Gary Knox,NFREC Liaison
Research and Education
University of Florida's Institute for Food and Agricultural Sciences Quincy
"The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies"
- Gertrude Jekyll
The Demonstration Gardens of the Big Bend
NFREC Gardens and Plant Collections
- Native Florida Wildflowers
- Ornamental Vine Collection
- Perennial Trial Garden featuring hardy hibiscus and salvias
- Early notification of special events.
- Discount tickets to most sponsored events
- Additional learning opportunities at the NFREC